[3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:10:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: STX - San Antonio
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   50    10       27
   40:  151    23       62
   20:  166    25       62
   15:  181    29       76
   10:   86    19       40
------------------------------
Total:  639   109      270  Total Score = 659,839

Club:

Comments:

South Texas has always afforded me the luxury of generally dry climate, this is
the first major contest I can recall where we had precipitation most of the
weekend.  All wire antennas here with mostly open feeders here, and I never
realized the extended effects that both heavy rain and mist would have on
detuning the antennas.  I experienced some arcing on some bands, but high SWR
on several bands.  I'll need to address that for future.   Huge surprises were
north polar regions on 10M/15M, providing numerous Qs even when the bands
seemed dead.  Best DX was working EU on 80M over an hour before sunset.  Noise
levels were high, and overall signal strengths seemed down from last year.
Still fun!!!