[3830] CQWW CW VA3DF SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3DF SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:08:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:   29     9       13
   80:  281    16       65
   40:  367    31      107
   20:  357    37      115
   15:  387    29      111
   10:   95    22       64
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Random thoughts rattling around in my head this morning -

Big wake up call with 10 m not performing as well as in previous years. Had to
work hard for relatively meager offerings compared to last year. Good bye 10 m.
I'll miss you..

Ended up spending more time on 20 m than I usually do - just don't feel loud on
that band, so I was surprised with my result. Seems like a nice band, I may use
it more often...

WriteLog says I worked 42 hours, probably did, but I could have put that time
to better use - too much DXing, spinning the dial and just generally goofing
off...

40 m is my new BFF..

Nice to go to 80 m in the last half hour and work two new multipliers - how
sweet is that?

Finally, my condolences to the USA ham who was on 80 late in the contest trying
to work a European station. They were back and forth several times  as the DX
was having a hard time copying the US station's suffix. On the US station's
last transmission, he blew his own call sending an M instead of an O and sure
enough that's what the EU station copied and sent with his TU -aargh! Of
course, after the TU it was all over, as the horde was already on the DX.

As usual, it's a jungle out there...

Doug
VA3DF