[3830] CQWW CW PA3FYM SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PA3FYM SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 13:02:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PA3FYM
Operator(s): PA3FYM
Station: PA3FYM

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160: 1061    22      103
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1061    22      103  Total Score = 191,125

Club:

Comments:

This years innovation was a woodstove inside the shack.
Very cosy and efficient! However, it needed intermittent some
attention. So when I had to throw some woodblocks in it
and if you called me in vain, excuse me!

Due to some stress concerning building up the vertical and
noisy behaviour of the RX system due to light systems inside
nearby greenhouses I feared this contest flopped.

As a gift from heaven the noise disappeared just before the start
of the contest, apparently indulging me a nice contest :-)

And what a contest it would be .... Wow!

Having set Dutch 160m records in 2013 and 2014, this year
again was the best CQWW-CW on 160m in Dutch history!

During the 2nd stint it felt like ruling the world and I had the best
160m stint of my life.

It also appeared that I'm a multiplier for many 'DX' :-)

Perhaps the most special contact was ZL3IX via LP and reminded me that
moonbouncing (EME) is peanuts compared to 160m DXing.

The 2nd stint ended with 180k claimed result and satisfied I went asleep.

Sunday afternoon I was awakened with the message that the Dutch
weather service issued a severe weather warning because of an upcoming storm.

Now what? During CQ160 in Jan 2014 I was almost evacuated because of a big
fire in a nearby chemical factory, and now I am facing a storm during
the best 160m CQWW contest of my life?

Inspecting the computer weather model output revealed maximum wind gusts
of 35 m/s (126 km/hr) around 1900 utc. So until 1800 utc QSO's could be made.

Sunday afternoon and early evening were very quiet. It seemed I almost
worked everybody as it was very difficult to work new ones.

Fighting against the wind I managed to work IS0GSR as last QSO
and multiplier. After that the TX-vertical was brought down to prevent
damage to the nearby greenhouses.

Overall, this contest was a lot of fun!

Everybody thanks for answering my calls & working me.

Special thanks to Richard PA7FA and Marion for their
friendship and hospitality!

Also thanks to Anton and Peter for allowing to use their properties.

Remco PA3FYM