[3830] CQWW CW K3KU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3KU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 15:05:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   2      1        1
   15:  25      5       19
   10:  53     17       29
------------------------------
Total:  80     23       49  Total Score = 15,624

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Fooled around a little Sunday mid-day between shifts at W3LPL.  Even with only
100W and my 200-ft dipole I xpected some "fresh meat" effect with 20M
and 15M still open to EU.  To my surprise, they were too open -- could not find
a freq clear enough there to get skimmer-driven runs from the big guns.  (The
freq's I chose sounded clear here, but people with real antennas will have
heard many stations that I did not.  Even way high in the band on 20M and
15M.)

10M , though, was a lot of fun.  No EU opening here, but wide open to AF,
SA/Carib, and Pacific.  Coming on so late in the contest, I got lots of
one-call QSOs with the big gun stations.  Worked the 9J2 at 1706Z and the FO5
at 1744Z.  Lots of mults in Caribbean and SA, and nice activity from PY and LU.
 Even managed QSOs with Zones 4 and 2.  I did interrupt W3LPL's non-run to get
the mult :>)

And a big Thank You to the Canadians.  CU SS (and maybe, maybe RAC Canada Day
as VE4VTR).