[3830] CQWW CW KK4R SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk4r@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KK4R SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 02:29:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KK4R
Operator(s): KK4R
Station: KK4R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   21     8       11
   80:   52    15       27
   40:   35    16       29
   20:   16    14       15
   15:   30    12       20
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Having worn out my wife's tolerance for radio during the Sweepstakes, I wasn't
expecting to get in much operating time.  She made it clear that I was going to
pay some attention to her this weekend!

I didn't even try to operate Friday night, and Saturday morning, I gave in to
going shopping for Black Friday deals with her.  This year there were a bunch
of flat screen TVs on sale, and I had a stroke of brilliance!  My wife's TV in
the kitchen has been a thorn in my side, since it is very susceptible to RFI
and would lock up, change channels, and go off and on whenever I operated.  No
amount of ferrite and capacitors could cure it!  This was a Black Friday deal I
couldn't resist!

My wife was not at all convinced that this would solve our RFI problem and was
skeptical that it was worth the money.  Finally she caved in when I told her
that I would thoroughly test it as soon as we got home, and if there was any
problem, we could take it back immediately.  You know that to completely test
an RFI problem like that you have to transmit on every frequency you plan to
use.  It took me the rest of the weekend.  Aren't I a good husband?