[3830] ARRL 160 KY4F M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KY4F M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 14:09:43 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 175  Sections = 42  Countries = 7  Total Score = 17,155

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Fun, but I ran out of gas.  Spent Friday trying to get my inverted L back in the
air and coax ran to the new shack location.  Didn't quite finish before darkness
set in.  That pesky day job keeps getting in the way! So, managed to finish up
the antenna work Saturday, but all the effort must have taken its toll.  Was
having trouble keeping my eyes open at the rig.  It was fun, but, I didn't put
in the effort I wanted to.  There's always next year!

I did have fun playing with my new Yaesu 5K.  I used my horizontal loop as a RX
antenna on the second receiver.  It was very interesting using diversity receive
with one horizontal antenna and one vertical (well, the inverted L).  I managed
to drag out several Q's which I'm sure would have been lost with a normal 1
receiver setup.

73's and Merry Christmas to all,

Doug
KY4F