[3830] ARRL 160 K3TN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3TN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 19:52:54 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: K3TN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 604  Sections = 75  Countries = 13  Total Score = 110,000

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3/KPA500 to 51' T

I had no intention of spending much time in this one, I was just going to go up
and down the band a few times and give out the rare MDC mult. But the ARRL 160M
is like one of those bowls of red and green M&Ms that start showing up at
this time of year- before you know it you've eaten half the bowl...

Since I almost invariably wake up in the middle of the night anyway, I let that
drive my operating time. The first night I actually slept through until 4am so
didn't get much quality time in. The second night I woke up at about midnite
and conditions were great. Just a few EU, but the West Coast was coming through
nicely - missed KL7, KH6, the hard VEs, a bunch of CA sections - and WTX, for
some reason. Right before I turned the radio off HI8A called in for a mult.

Fun rates - amazing how many VA, EPA, WPA and ME stations show up on 160 from
here.