[3830] ARRL 160 W1WBB SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1WBB SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 04:57:45 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 623  Sections = 66  Countries = 16  Total Score = 106,354

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Nice quiet band both nights... except an apparent local QRN source which cycles
up to S9+ then back to nothing in irregular waves every few seconds which is a
real nuisance for weak sigs copy.  The lack of any storm noise/static crashes
all weekend here was greaton the ears!

With very favorable low A/K index forecast on Day 1 I put in strong effort
first night.  After S/R Day 1:  417 Q's/72 mults/62,208 pts.  Kept at it 2nd
night thinking 100K pt goal was too optimistic.  A solid run from 0420-0500Z
and decent Eu S/R enhancement later in the eve helped the Q/mult count.
Crashed after 0730Z once I was a bit over my goal.  Had hoped to catch last
hour+ before my sunrise but overslept!

Best score and overall conditions in 5 years from here.  Worked 17 5-pt QSOs
and 16 DX mults; 11 Eu contacts and 6 with N/A, S/A.  DX Mults:  9A DK EI G GM
GW OK OM ON SP C6 PJ2 TI VP5 VP9 XE.  For sections, 3rd year since 2009 with 66
total... missed (but heard some) PR, WTX, all of Calif/PAC, NV, EWA, AK and VE5
+ NT.  WCF, NE, WY and VE4 worked much later on day 2.  Strange how it goes on
160m -- 4 OR, WWA, BC, AB but no W6!

While chasing spots Saturday eve found many, many bad calls as if someone was
intentionally mis-spotting just to mess with us.  Another challenge to
contesters!

Thanks for the Topband QSOs and 73!  Bill  W1WBB

Icom 706 @ 100w to 3/8 wv Inv L up <40', over 150' and modest radial system
for TX/RX; N1MM+ Logger.