[3830] ARRL 10 W4PK SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4PK SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 22:56:30 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   CW:  466   108
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  466   108  Total Score = 201,312

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Good propagation to Europe Saturday morning, but not as good Sunday morning, at
least up until about 9AM local time when I had to leave for church.

CW only this time, too late I found out that the WAV files I had recorded
earlier had a stuttering sound to them when played through the radio.  I don't
really like to operate SSB anyway.

The band was long on both days, excellent openings all day to the west coast
and even to VK and ZL but had difficulty hearing stations closer in.  The
close-in stations I worked were very weak and often watery sounding.  And
according to the Telnet spots there were many that I never could hear at all.

Overall, I had fun and that is what it is all about.  Plus, my CW skills are
slowly improving!

73, Sam W4PK