[3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 23:48:51 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

   CW:  460    94
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  460    94  Total Score = 172,960

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Tnx to W0DLE for the use of his station.  Originally, we planned to do 2 entries
from Chuck's place - me on SO/LP/CW and Chuck on QRP.  There were enough
antennas to support both of us, but unfortunately, there was too much
inter-station interference for this to work.  So Chuck, very graciously, let me
operate the contest.  Given the band condx, I think he would have been in severe
pain doing QRP this weekend.

For the first 90 minutes each morning, I could only work stuff (east coast)
pointing south.  Worked about 10 Europeans and ZERO JAs all weekend.  Heard
JM7OLW just above the noise on Saturday, but couldn't work him.  His signal is
the JA equivalent of DR1A or RU1A on 10m on the east coast.  Tnx to DL1IAO for
calling in on Sunday for a real surprise (and a new mult - DL!)

Had a pipeline into northern New England on Saturday afternoon for a short time
with about a dozen stns pinning the S meter.  And in the middle of that, V51YJ
called in with a monster signal!

Only US mults missed were WY (no surprise), AR, and DC.  On Sunday, I kept
looking for N0NI for IA, but he found me before I found him.  Band was fairly
long all weekend and almost missed OH (2 worked on scatter) and WV (tnx N8II
for your good ears).  Many of the Mexicans did not hear me.  Guess they have
lots of power line noise?

73,
Barry W2UP

P.S.  I may change my category to M/M, so PJ2T better watch out!