[3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:00:56 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW: 1128    98
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1128    98  Total Score = 442,176

Club: Bishop ARC

Comments:

Equipment:  K3 Expert 1.3K-FA  Win-Test 4.11
Antenna:  5 el yagi at 60 feet (temporary on AB-577)

What a surprise this weekend.  After Friday night with one CW contact I thought
I was going to be listening to a lot of white noise all weekend.  I delayed
going out to the shack on Saturday morning until 8 am and was totally surprised
at the activity.  I figure I lost 1 1/2 hours.  Endless answers to my CQ's until
1:30 pm when the band shut down abruptly and only PY's and LU's coming through.
I didn't hear any JA's or other Asia nor any Europe other than two EA stations.
Pacific is real tough for me as most signals are low angle and I have 14,000
foot mountains five miles west of me (Mt Whitney)resulting in one VK, one ZL,
and three KH6's.

It was absolutely amazing to see all the signals on the P3 disappear in a
matter of minutes around 1:30 pm leaving a few very strong PY and LU spikes.

I missed two states, WY and KS.  I have no idea why I missed KS.

The 98 mults break down to 28 DX and 70 W/VE/XE.

73, Kurt W6PH