[3830] ARRL 10 VE4GV SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE4GV SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:51:51 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  218    71
  SSB:  223    56
-------------------
Total:  441   127  Total Score = 167,386

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Equipment:
TS 990S
Amp Expert 1.3 K FA
KT34XA @ 66 feet
Writelog

Gotta love the 10m contest at this time of the cycle. From VE4 land you have no
guilt for turning off the rig at 4 pm local time and then waiting until the next
morning at around 10 am to turn it on again.  With THAT kind of contest, there's
lots of time for family, socializing etc. Can't wait for the
"doldrums" at the bottom of the cycle!! Eeeew.

No Eu AT ALL. ZS CR2X and EA8 were the closest we came. Lots of QSB.  Early
morning pipeline to FL.  Amazed that I didn't work OR, WA or many of the other
western big station "easy" mults.  Also...NO JA at sunset. :-(

Tough slugging virtually the entire test. Even with the help of the VE4 mult,
it was difficult to run at all. Lots of S&P.  Many strong SA stations.  Its
hard to believe that back in the early 90s we routinely worked 2K+ qs from here.

Tnx for the Qs

73 and Happy Holidays to all

Rob VE4GV