[3830] ARRL 10 VK2IA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VK2IA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:04:12 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Coonabarabran, NSW
Operating Time (hrs): 31

   CW: 2136   150
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2136   150  Total Score = 1,280,400

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

After reading all those comments it looks like we were the lucky ones this
weekend here in the South. Checking sunspots and A/K indices the week before
the contest I wasn’t really sure whether it was worth the 6 hours drive from
Sydney to Coonabarabran. Well, I guess it was ;-)

It was only the second contest from our new country QTH. The spiderbeam on the
10m mast was still up when I arrived and the station was ready to go. Not sure
what I was in for �" I had an idea of what was possible and what not
propagation wise, but no idea about what the location was like in a contest on
10. The one thing I knew for sure was the power line noise SP to EU which
unfortunately hadn’t disappeared in the two weeks since CQWW CW.

Condx were a mix between good runs both mornings to North America and pulling
signals out of the noise from Europe on day 2. JAs and BYs came in pretty
steadily during the day on the first day with the usual ups and downs, no big
runs. EU signals were also ok on day 1, with a few dips during our late
afternoon/evening opening. Had to fix a problem with my set up which cost me 2
hours when Europe started. Finished day 1 with a bit more than 1,100 Qs.

Day 2 was different: very slow from midday until afternoon, and a bit of a
“peak” later into Europe. Running NA at similar rates to day 1.

Multipliers: Northwestern EU and Scandinavia was a non-event from here with a
few OHs, 1 SM, zero OZ, zero LA, zero GM, zero EI. Africa remained a blank page
during the whole contest. On the NA side, worked WY as the last one, missed NS,
NF and LB in Canada’s East and YT and NU in the West/North. Pleased about 10
multipliers from Mexico.

Thanks for the Qs and wishing all of you a fantastic festive season and a great
2016!

73s from Down Under
Bernd VK2IA