[3830] CQWW CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh6um@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH8X(OH6UM) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 08:00:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH8X

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Arkala
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 3082    40      136
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

After the great CQWW SSB weekend on 15m I decided to do also 15 CW, if condx
would be and/or sound about the same as on SSB.

Well - 20m was wide open to NA just before the contest start. Only a few weak
signals heard on 15m.  What should I do?  Should I still change to 20m...?

Finally I decided to do what I had planned, no matter what.  After 6 hours (at
06z) only 50 qsos logged... Why didn't I choose 20m... :(

Fortunately the 15m band finally started to wake up for me and I had some good
runs during the day. But would the band close down in the evening for the whole
night?  Gladly it didn't!  Lost only some 5 hours per night. After a poor start
my already lost "dream" of 3000 qsos and 40 zones still became true.

In the end I was happy to claim a new OH, Scandinavian and zone 15 record, not
far from even the EU record.

TNX for all the qsos!  And special TNX to Veijo OH6KN for all support and
especially our traditional pre-contest gourmet steak dinner!

This was a great fun weekend, once again!

73 de Pasi OH6UM/OH2IW