[3830] RAC Winter VE4RAC(VE4GV) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE4RAC(VE4GV) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 03:02:24 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE4RAC
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4RAC

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:   28      8       5         3
   80:   75     10       7         4
   40:   78    147       7         8
   20:  117    577       8        12
   15:   90    107       7         7
   10:   33    132       6         7
    6:           1                 1
    2:
Total:  421    982      40        42  Total Score = 548,744

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

TS 990s
1.3 K FA Amp
KT 34 XA @66 ft
40-2CD @ 72 feet
Slopers for 80/160
Pixel Tech Mag Loop RCV
Writelog

I volunteered to activate the VE4RAC call for this year's RAC Winter test. (I
gave up Winnipeg Jets tickets for this! BTW - they beat the NY Rangers 4-2!)

It was fun using the special call which adds several dbs to your sig.  The only
problem I had was RF getting into the PC and shutting down the MK2R+/interface
on 40 m with any more than 100w.   Otherwise the new amp performed very nicely.
 (An amazing piece of gear.)

I do note that there will be a lot of "uniques", with many stations
giving a report but eventually settling for (sometimes grudgingly) giving a QSO
#1.

As Radiosport Manitoba encourages greater activity, I see that I have become
more active in (what is for me) more "non-traditional" contests.
Certain calls have become more familiar and ecognizable.  10m opening was nice,
though helping some of the less experienced hams through the exchange was
sometimes a bit tedious (and comical!).  I enjoyed hearing a lot of younger
voices (some as young as 7 yrs. old) giving the exchanges - with some behind
the scenes prompting.  The fact that the test was on Fri/Sat made participation
easy.

Never did make a 2 m QSO and I didn't take advantage of moving mults or finding
RAC stations as I could have done.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you in teh next test with my usual call.

73

Rob VE4GV