[3830] RAC Winter VE4VT SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE4VT SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:02:53 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:          14                 5
   80:          90                10
   40:         322                 9
   20:         251                11
   15:         158                11
   10:          52                 6
    6:           3                 1
    2:           3                 1
Total:   0     893       0        54  Total Score = 270,864

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

I always look forward to this contest as it is just a friendly get together and
a chance to wish friends Seasons greetings. Unfortunately I had to attend a
funeral Saturday afternoon and missed 6 hours of prime 20/15 operating time.

The high bands were in surprising "OK" condition. The opening on 10m
was a pleasant surprise. The opening seemed to extend east but nothing really
to my west except a weak backscatter VE5. Missed Ontario despite trying several
times with VE3 stations.

The lowbands, particularly 80/160 were a nightmare for me this year. 80m was
swamped with a new 30/9 noise source. That made reception of all but the
strongest signals impossible. I wonder if a neighbor has a new plasma TV for
Christmas? Despite that I was delighted and surprised when I copied both VE8NSD
and VY1AAA calling me on 80m through the noise.

It was great to see an excellent turnout of other VE4 and VE5 stations this
year. Even the VE6's were plentiful despite their absence in some of the
November contests.

Thanks to Rob VE4GV, for taking thew duties as VE4RAC this year.  He did an
excellent job despite only putting in 14 hours. I think he should take the
VE4RAC call next time and show us all he can take the duty seriously and put a
full effort in.

Warmest wishes to all for a safe, healthy and relaxing Holiday season.

73 Ed, VE4VT/VE4EAR