[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 03:39:47 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 25

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   2      2
   80:  22      6
   40:  15      8
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  39     16  Total Score = 624

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, tee vertical.  Happy Christmas to all.  20M was
dead at the start.  40M was OK, but QRN was quite high.  All antennas and
computers had been disconnected since about 0445Z last night due to almost
continuous lightning storms in the area.  I thought I had a break a little
after 0200Z, but thunder started up again.  Now everything disconnected again.
QRN made the super speeds of most stations too fast to copy the numbers
accurately and had to ask for repeats and often listen to the next QSO of the
station who called me and didn't repeat the number when requested.  A lot of
guys must be acknowledging with just a dot or two as I often didn't hear any
acknowledgement at all at the end of my exchange.  When QRN is bad on the other
end, it would be helpful to sent "TU" or "R."  80M seemed
better than 40, but QRN was higher and was unable to work the west coast
stations although I did hear and call AA7V and WA6URY.  160M was even noisier,
but did get two more mults there.  Thanks for all QSOs and hope to work you all
in Stew Perry on Saturday when I will be high power due to my poor antenna for
that band.  Hope we will have a few more participants next Thursday night. We
will go out early for dinner with friends and should be home well before NS
time.  73, John, K4BAI.