[3830] TBDC EI2CN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] TBDC EI2CN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:42:17 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 266  Total Score = 1,338

Club: Grande County Louth DX Alliance

Comments:

Dear OMs and YLs,
     Operations started post a dinner with friends for St. Stephen's day so it
was a start at around 21:10.   I went to bed around 02:00 when the band had
dried up for North America and almost all EU that could be heard were in the
log.   Got back on at around 05:30 and stayed on till 08:30.

      Conditions were not good.   The NA stations were never strong in the
night drying up at around 01:30.   There was no lift with the sunrise!   Only a
handful of NA stations were worked from 05:30 to 08:30 Sunday morning.   The
best DX was in the early night with N0NI.

       A surprise was working my friend Alain, F8FUA who uses an antenna which
is not much better than a dummy load - sorry Alain.   He was strong at a 589
and really took me by surprise.   The only two EI stations heard were EI4HQ and
EI6FR.   Declan, I was so sleepy that I did not recognize your call for which I
apologize.

       The interesting thing for me in this contest was testing my new Hi-Z
Eight Circle receive antenna.   The conversion from a four square was a lot of
effort but a couple of dB have been gained so this was worthwhile.

       I now look forward to the CQWW 160M for this is the contest which really
has activity on top band.   I like the Stew Perry though and enjoyed the
experience once again.   One Sixty is not predictable; certainly the band was
not in great shape this time as I observed from listening to others.   It is
the challenge which we enjoy on top band.

K3 and P3
Acom 2000A running 1500 W allowed in EI for contesting
Inverted L at 30 meters vertical
RX antenna Hi-Z Eight Circle
WinTest and Micro Keyer II

    The score means nothing until evaluated against the powers being run by
stations worked.

                73 Doug EI2CN