[3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 14:38:02 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 399  Total Score = 991

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started before sunset and my initial CQ's netted several Europeans in my first
minutes, a great start!

But in the initial run I noticed I was getting few to no midwesterners.

Took a 1.5 hour break to make and eat supper. 7 to cook for on a Holiday
weekend!!!

After supper the locals were still there but so was this awful thunderstorm
noise to my west. Thunderstorm noise, is this the summer stew? Thunderstorm
noise was especially raucous around 0300Z, to the point where I had to take the
headphones off for a break. I'm guessing the midwesterners didn't even want to
plug their antennas in much less their headphones.

Ended up working a handful of 6's and 7's, including ones I had never worked on
160M before, but nothing like last year or the ARRL 160 where the westerners
were so completely dominant.

Did get called by a lot of Europeans, even a couple Ukranians, that was a big
improvement over last year!!!

Knocked off before EU sunrise and slept too late to work any Oceania etc.