[3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8jui@juno.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:31:42 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio EN81
Operating Time (hrs): 12.1

Total:  QSOs = 305  Total Score = 1,731

Club: NQW Radio Group

Comments:

I decided to give QRP a shot this year.  Figured I'd probably make about 100
contacts, then call it quits due to frustration and get some sleep.  That
frustration and sleep never really materialized...  I was able run a bit and
also work quite a few others willing to hang in there with me.  Kudos to K7RAT,
KE2VB and many others for patience well beyond the norm and for not giving up.

This year's QSO count is only down about 25% from last year's LP entry.  Missed
a lot of west coast and DX this year with QRP.  I did hear EI2CN (loud), SN5X,
KV4FZ and a few others, but no joy.  Only DX worked was NP2X who seemed to be
hearing very well.  Managed a handful of west coasters at around 0700Z.  Also
heard an esp KH6LC early Sunday AM.

Thanks to all for your patience and repeats.  The heavy QSB and static crashes
from the west seemed to be synched with the receiving of calls and grid
squares.

73 & HNY - Rick WB8JUI

Flex1500 & Elecraft K3 @ 5W
Inverted L @ 50' (36 radials 50 to 75' long)