[3830] TBDC W4IX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4IX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 19:04:39 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 330  Total Score = 1,647

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for all the Q's. Between the propagation and static crashes from storms,
it definitely was a challenge. If I didn't have my receive antennas, I would
have thrown in the towel in the early stages. What's up with west coast
propagation? I copied at least 30 stations from Colorado west but they all
mostly cq'd in my face, with a few giving me a ? Only stations I called that
answered me were N5IA, N2IC, K7CA, K4XU & K7RAT, but the 7's took lots of
calls before the Q was completed, Thanks Guys. Now as strange as the prop was,
I called many 6's and 7's and 0's from Colorado but never even got a ? out of
them, but had no problem working guys east of the Mississippi. So after
exhausting my efforts on the west coast stations for 3 hours, and not getting
any replies to my cq's, I was just getting ready to throw in the towel when a
weak 6 station was calling me, I could not hear him on my rcv antenna and he
had the same signal on my NE and NW beverages. Well thanks to him for not
giving up on the Q as it ended up being KH6AT in BK39 for 22 points...go
figure!! 73 and Happy New Year to all!