[3830] TBDC WT0O(K0TI) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ti@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC WT0O(K0TI) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:47:03 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WT0O
Operator(s): K0TI
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 281  Total Score = 2,217

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I thought conditions overall were pretty good but the thunderstorms to the south
and east made it very tough. At times the crashes, which were about 40db above
the noise would last the complete 3 seconds of my listen cycle while calling
cq.

Heard a lot of EU, and JA but didn't work any. Also heard VK4KW at our sunrise
but could not get his attention. Best distance was KH6LC. Worked KV4FZ and NP2X
(NP2X called me, after I tried numerous time to call him, thats the way it
always works it seems).

KV4FZ worked hard to get me in the log, thanks for sticking with me Herb !.
And thanks to all the other stations who dug me out between the lighting
crashes.

Operating QRP at W0AIH is kind of different, but it's fun to see what the
antenna system will do. Thanks to Paul for letting me operate.
Paul has a W1BB QSL card from 1962 that I dig out and display at the 160
operating position during this contest. Helps me keep my head in the game.

Posted score is my QSO points (739) times 3 for QRP.

Dan K0TI