[3830] RTTY Roundup K2PO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K2PO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:45:34 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 23+
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  178
   40:  180
   20:  371
   15:  450
   10:  222
------------
Total: 1401  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 37  Total Score = 127,491

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time.

Managed 30 Europeans on 20m, and 5 Europeans on 15m, so that was good.  No Asia
on 10m, but 57 JA QSOs between 40-15m were a welcome diversion (and a China
too).  I worked all the mults I heard, except a VR2 on 40m who couldn't hear
me, and an OA6 who was S&Ping.

The Dakotas were well-represented (25 Qs in all).  Never heard Maine.  Worked 3
or more of all other states.

Lots of calls weren't in my call history - a good sign for the future.

5-band QSOs with AC0C, N7QJ, N9CK, NT0F, W7RY and W9SN.

I'd meant to stop after 1400 QSOs, but K6UFO called after #1400 - before I
could throw the big switch.

It takes me most of the weekend to get the kinks out of the RTTY setup and get
comfortable with the flow of things, and then - bam - the contest is over.

Today was XYL's birthday, so kudos to her for letting me play radio (while she
dealt with a variety of Murphy issues brought by a rare-to-these-parts ice
storm, including a frozen pipe and a long-story dog rescue).

73,

/Bill, K2PO
Oregon