[3830] RTTY Roundup AG4W Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, stevewerner73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AG4W Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 01:16:05 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  209
   40:  373
   20:  441
   15:  220
   10:   65
------------
Total: 1308  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 59  Total Score = 151,728

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FT-5000D,AL-1200, 3 Element Quad, 3 element 40M vertical array,80 meter delta
loop, 2 beverages

My goal this year was to do better than last year even with worse propagation.
On Saturday night I was ahead by a nice margin with nice runs on the low bands.
On Sunday the high band performance was not as good as last year. In the end my
80, 40, and 20 meter performance improved more than the 10 and 15 meter
performance decreased. The 20M DX performance was twice as good as last year. I
considered trying SO2V again. I decided I would enjoy the contest more not doing
that. I have more fun in RTTY contests and want to keep it that way. I did have
the computer lock up a few times due to sound card issues. It happened on 40M
most when I ran over 800 watts. That is around the normal RTTY power I run
anyway and why I probably didn't have the problem before. Thank you to all that
called and especially those that required repeats. I really tried to pull out
the weak ones.