[3830] NAQP SSB K5YAA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K5YAA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 06:25:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    2     2
   80:  130    35
   40:  318    43
   20:  126    31
   15:  126    31
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  702   142  Total Score = 99,684

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Team: GCG #2

Comments:

Quite worn out from two hospital procedures this week but told Paul N4PN I would
put in at least 5 hours for the team. Managed to get 7 hours put in with breaks
here and there. Ten had a couple of very puny 6 stations on and before the
contest a KP2 but NIL Qs on that band.

15 made me tired so I took a rest before coming back on using 20. Conditions
not as good on any band as the CW end of the test but 80 surprised again even
though signals were in the basement much of the time. 160 was so noisy I could
hear only two or three stations, worked two which are only a few miles away. 40
kept going until the final minute.

Thanks for all the QSOs. I put my K3 DVK into service and was pleased with the
audio quality along with the fact I could cough while the DVK was busy without
upsetting things.

Good activity in this one from Canada missing only a couple of provinces. Quite
a few VE2s on. Always enjoy working Quebec the place where my Dad was born.

Lots of folks have been chasing K5P this past week. Those fellows are working
hard to cover the bases. I see where Europe is not too pleased but conditions
have been in the dumper unfortunately. I understand they have a bodacious
signal on 160 now. Will take a look for them soon.

Thanks NCJ for your continued work on this one. The NAQP is always a FB party
and affords the opportunity for many to finish up WAS and even 5 Band WAS.

73 - Jerry K5YAA
Rig: K3 into 6el on 15, 6el on 20, 3el on 40 and vees for the low two bands.
N1MM logging and use of the K3 DVK.