[3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 07:00:22 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B KC3BWA
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 9.1

  160:   39    18
   80:  285    43
   40:  221    51
   20:  309    42
   15:   48    24
   10:   25     8
-------------------
Total:  927   186  Total Score = 172,422

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This is such a fun, fast paced and SHORT event!!

It is normally an event I take seriously, however this year many of my regular
guest operators were unavailable due to the short notice given to plan the
operation.

Elizbeth (XYL) and Evan KC3BWQ (my neighbor) to the rescue!!  The operated
until just before 5:00pm, I followed that with a long dinner break and flew
solo the rest of the evening.  Had just over 9 hours of operating time.

Had fun, and even tried a bare bones version of CQing on two frequencies at
once!!

Evan had trouble getting 15 to cooperate, I never got 10 started...20 was darn
good, so were 40 & 80, though 80 QRN levels were at all time highs until
late at night.

Set a goal go maximize my score and break 1000 QSOs.  Was looking like it could
happen, then I ended up talking to my son on the phone and missing the contest
end.

I like these short events - there is great activity and it doesn't totally take
up your entire weekend.

73!

Jim   WX3B