[3830] NAQP SSB WB0TEV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vmpaul@iname.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WB0TEV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:24:30 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6h22m

  160:   12     8
   80:   66    28
   40:  227    42
   20:   75    25
   15:   50    12
   10:
-------------------
Total:  430   115  Total Score = 49,450

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

I can't remember entering this contest before, at least to any reasonable
degree. I'll be back again for sure.  Fun contest, the 100 watt limit and ban
on spotting assistance was actually a nice change. I was pleasantly surprised
by my ability to generate some really good runs on 40m even without the amp.
I had a number of things competing for my time so only got a little over 6
hours on the air, but wanted to get a radio fix and contribute some points to
the DFW Contest Groups "Galileo" Team.  One high point was working
fellow DFWCG'er K5RT on 80m, who when he asked if I could do 160m, I was able
to reply "of course!" and off we went to give each other the TX mult
on 160m.  Later I was able to do the same sort of thing in reverse when, still
lacking Louisiana on any band, KD5LNO replied to my CQ on 160m after which I
moved him to 80m for another mult.

Another highlight was getting called by Garth, VE8NSD during a run on 20m.
Always nice to put NT in the log.

Earlier in the contest while on 15m I tried moving some folks to 10m but the
band appeared to be "not just merely dead, but really most sincerely
dead" (to quote the munchkin coroner in the Wizard of Oz).

Thanks for the QSO's, time to switch to DX'er mode with VP8STI soon to be QRV.

73,
Victor - WB0TEV
Greenville, Texas