[3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 15:35:45 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:   81    27
   80:  239    36
   40:  139    45
   20:  128    37
   15:  100    24
   10:   22     9
-------------------
Total:  709   178  Total Score = 126,202

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For the
1/16 NAQP CW available ops were N3UM and W3GB. We have a 100-W
triplexer for our Skyhawk tribander, and a new 160 m. T vertical
plus inverted Vs for 80 and 40. Array Solutions bandpass filters
let us work any two of the 6 bands simultaneously.  We started
running on 20 and tuning for mults on 15, then ran on 15 and
tuned on 10. With SFI only about 110, skip was long and rates
moderate, especially on 10 m. 40 m. was lively at 2120 when we
first went there but soon got long, and slowed down by 0140.
Best band by far was 80 m., especially 0200-0440 Z when we made
180 QSOS running.  We went to 160 m. at 0200 and did well: 81 Qs
compared with 100 on 15 and 128 on 20. We worked 46 states, all
but DE, WY, ND, and NE, and 8 of the 13 VE provinces, but very
few other=NA mults.  VA was the only state we worked on all 6
bands, and only MD, MN, and NM on 5 bands. We put in a total of
21 operator hours; quit 25 min. early when rates tanked.