[3830] CQ160 CW WX3B Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WX3B Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 13:27:30 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 299  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 31  Total Score = 83,328

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got on for 30 minutes Friday night and enjoyed what could be described as the
quietest 160 receive conditions in WX3B history...no Plasma TV noise, very low
QRN...signals from EU low but easily to hear because of the low noise floor.

Got back on the air at about 10:00pm Saturday and the band sounded good.  The
big guns in EU were loud, however I never had much luck with sustained runs.
As EU sunrise approached, I took breaks and diverted my sleepiness by chasing
VP8SGI and having a nice chat with David K3LP on 20m CW.  Never quite made it
to EU sunrise.

Got up IN TIME for the anticipated BIG JA opening on 160, couldn't hear a
single Asian station...couldn't even hear AK.  West coast was still Q5 long
after our sunrise and Larry N7DD in Arizona won the 10db/9 big signal award
about an hour AFTER our sunrise.  Worked several LOUD KH6's this year and they
all responded with only ONE call to them.

I say it every year...and particularly as we slide to the bottom of the sunspot
cycle, I NEED to give this contest a full time effort one year.

Lots of great DIE-HARD PVRC activity in this one.

73,

Jim   WX3B