[3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:25:15 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:30
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 609  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 35  Total Score = 153,364

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

K3-100 / KPA500  and Inverted L with 8 elevated radials.

Added 4 more elevated radials (130 ft long) to the Inverted L last weekend and
it seemed to improve the performance somewhat. Still have a problems with EU
stations that CQ in my face when I call some of them. I probably heard at least
10-15 countries that I didn't work. I guess the only way to maybe improve that
is to get a bigger amp.I did have a couple EU answer my CQ,which doesn't happen
to me very often.

Conditions were very good here in GA. Band open the EU both nights and the west
coast of the USA was very good. It was even good the South America. Worked
PJ4LS, PJ2T, CE3CT and CW5W and heard PW2D, who couldn't hear anyone calling
him. Both XE2X and 4V1TL sounded like locals here. Almost got WAS but missed
AK. Heard KL7KY Sunday morning very weak. Also missed LB,NF,NS,NU,NWT and YT.

DXCC counties worked were :
9A,C6,CE,CM,CT,CU,CX,DL,E7,EI,ER,G,GM,HA,HC,HH,HI,HK,IT9,KH6,KP2,KP4,LX,OK,OM,
OZ,PA,PJ2,PJ4,S5,SM,UA2,UR,XE and ZF

See everyone in the next one... Jeff KU8E