[3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:57:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 615  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 13  Total Score = 103,707

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This weekend had tough propagation for the LP 160 meter crowd to work with.  The
result is my lowest score since I started full time LP efforts in this contest
in 2010.  The equipment and antennas have not changed substantially since then.
 However, the local noise level sure has!  Until my neighbors turn off their
crap consumer electronics and go to bed I am now plagued by S5-S7 noise levels
in a 500Hz band-width over big segments of 160 meters.  My loops help to null
the worst offenders but they now come from all directions.  I am making this
complaint to explain why I am a 100 Watt alligator part of the time.  Sorry
about that.

We didn't have a big JA opening this year so my score suffered accordingly.
Worked two zone 14 stations, both on the extreme left edge.  Only heard three
DX stations that didn't hear me.  On the bright side I completed a one-contest
WAS.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.

73
Gary, N7IR