[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 16:18:37 +0000

Total:  95     19  Total Score = 1,900

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Rigs:     6M / 2M -- TS2000
          70cm  -- TM-V71
Antennas: 6M -- HB 7 el at 10M
          2M -- 12el K1FO at 12M
          70cm -- 2/44 FM stick at 9M
Conditions:  Quiet, no openings noticed, pretty much a slog.

I want to thank W1WRA and AC1J for encouraging me to try FM on 440 as an
experiment.  As we think we will be moving soon (and we have thought this way
now for 5 years...) I have not put up the 432 yagi I inherited from an SK so I
have been limited to 6 & 2.  (I also don't feel comfortable on the roof
anymore.)  This little experiment now makes me want to put the 432 yagi in the
attic and see how that plays.  On to June!