[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3TN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3TN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 18:19:33 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  25     7  Total Score = 175

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, that was a 400% increase in my 2M score from the past. Gave me good
exercise: 6M was my K3 in the basement, going to my 135' Windom for HF. 2M was
an FT817 in the rear of my Subaru Outback out in the driveway, feeding the
2m/440 mag mount at a few watts. When someone would say "can you go to
2m?" I had to do that physically, not just RF-wise.

No openings when I was on - I mostly heard locals moving each other to other
bands. It was sort of like watching paint dry while someone crinkled cellophane
next to my ear...