[3830] CQ160 CW K7CA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ca@infowest.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7CA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 18:46:08 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7CA
Operator(s): N7JW K7NJ K7CA W7RH WA7LNW
Station: K7CA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: DM37
Operating Time (hrs): 32

Total:  QSOs = 1189  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 28  Total Score = 354,406

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Another great contest from our contest site in remote Utah.  We had excellent
weather and propagation Friday night with over 850 Q's and 127 Asian stations
worked. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been a
European opening which never seemed to happen. However, Saturday night was
another story. Just before sunset propagation seemed like it would again be
fantastic but right at sunset it started snowing and propagaion seemed to die.
No Europeans were heard and only 37 Asians were worked.  It took us almost an
hour to work VO1HP. One highlight was hearing VP8SGI and working him on the
first call. Mostly Saturday night was a test of patience.
  We made several station improvements from last year and it really paid off. A
beverage was installed as far away from the main cq transmit antenna as was
possible and we were able to hear and work stations on the multiplier station
as close as 3 KHz from the CQ machine. The VP8 was on 1822.2 and our CQ machine
was on 1824.5.  The Elecraft K3 has very low broadband noise when transmitting.
We got a new K3S just for its low noise on transmit and it seemed to pay off.
There are several more improvements we are planning for next year which should
make it easier to get multipliers.
The main thing was that we all had fun and will be back next year. 73, Al K7CA

Equipment:
Elecraft K3S, K3, K3, AL1500 amp, HF-2500 amp, QS1R receiver
6 el vertical arrays to Eu, SA, JA, VK/ZL, 8 el array east coast USA, Pacific
1000' beverages NE, E, NW, SW