[3830] CQ160 CW AK5X(K5YAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AK5X(K5YAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 20:41:27 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AK5X
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

Total:  QSOs = 268  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 2  Total Score = 29,449

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Hid behind the magical call of AK5X in a 1.5 hour freshly spotted meal of beef
wellington in this one. X is known in FOC circles so a number of 161s and other
gentlemenly greetings slowed the rate a bit but nice numbers across the entire
country east to west. The band seemed to be in one of its better moods.

Thanks Big X for the use of your snappy call sign.

A little late with this posting as time has been spent dialing through a newly
printed book by a fellow who has a knack for the pen. Contact Sport is the name
of the journal. A vivid presentation of golden memories gathered during the WRTC
event of 2014. Hard to put it down as it refreshed my wonderful experiences of
being part of one of the most intense performances to be had on our radios.
What terrific people we have in this great hobby. I am buoyed by their presence
in my life. Breathing the Massachusetts air next to them was a once in a
lifetime experience.

73 - Jerry K5YAA
Rig: A K3 and Alpha 9500 hammer with a simple Vee at 80'. Ears are a DX
Engineering 4 square noise killing contraption that stunts the growth of
alligators. N1MM logging and CW generation.