[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 03:37:49 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 973  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 27  Total Score = 208,120

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I expected more Q's for a two nighter.  I never felt like I had super rates the
first night and I certainly did not the second night.  I was hoping for at
least 1200 QSO's.  Have to settle for just shy of 1K.  I expected that maybe
more stations would show up on the second night, bit not all that many.  I
don't have the exact stats, but I think I was around 750 Q's the first night.
Things seemed to be lagging all around.

I seemed to be doing battle with noise.  Friday night it seemed to be really
bad.  There was a good breeze out there and later a dusting of snow that really
kicked things into high gear.  The beverages seemed to be just OK, but they were
better than the verticals!  It seemed to get better, but too late for the EU
sunrise.  Usually things are really quiet at AIH.  The second night was not as
bad and it improved rather quickly as the night went on.

Multipliers were a disappointment as well. I worked a few EU stations the first
night and the 2nd night I only added three multipliers to the total.  I heard EU
stations calling CQ, but they could not hear me.  Lots of DL's, but NIL for
contact.  Usually I have a few call while CQing, but did not have that happen
this time.  Also, there were EU stations calling with a US station right on top
of them.  No east coast working them either.  Maybe they all had them by then.
Strange....

I did have a great JA opening.  Their signals were nice and clear too.  I had
problems hearing stations in the Pacific NW the first night.  But the second
night they were right in there.  CA seemed difficult to work the second night.

In the multiplier department...  WY was the long holdout.  I think I worked a
total of two stations in WY.  KO7X is missed.

VE Mults missed:  LB, NT, YT, NU

DX Worked:

NA:
CM, HH, KP2, KP4, XE, C6, KL, V3, ZF

SA:
PY, CX, HK, PJ2, YV, CE, HC, PJ4

AS:
JA, HL

OC:
KH6

EU:
CT, S5, 9A, CU, LX, OM, LY

Thanks to Paul for the fun radio weekend and a chance to play.

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG