[3830] CQ160 CW DL3TU Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL3TU Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 19:40:07 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL3TU
Operator(s): DL3TU
Station: DL3TU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Tuebingen
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 333  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 42  Total Score = 65,532

Club:

Comments:

Limited participation due to other commitments.

Entered Saturday morning at 4:00Z. The band was packed between 1810kHz and
1830kHz. Many stations had bad key clicks, making it almost impossible to read
the weaker signals.
Propagation to NA was poor, heard only two stations. Sunday morning was totally
different. Could hear many stations from NA. VY2ZM is my hero. He copied me on
the first call.

Missed several multis such as 4L2M, EA9EU, P33W, HB0AFVL, 9H1XT, TA3D, N1UR,
W1UE,...  which I could hear but didn't get through.

A German fellow ham showed me what ham spirit is when he started CQing on top
of my run freq without even asking QRL? I was wondering if he heard me calling.
So I waited a minute, reduced power to 1 W and called him. Hard to believe that
he came back on the first call.

Activity in EU was very high, found new stations until the last minute. Several
weak stations surprised with very good ears.

Thanks to those who pulled my signal out of the noise.
It was lots of fun. Hope to participate again next year.

73, Roman - DL3TU

Station: KX3
Antenna: Quarter wave sloper (RX and TX)
Logger: N1MM+
CW: Paddle due to interface issues