[3830] CQ160 CW OM7RU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OM7RU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 23:46:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 29:56

Total:  QSOs = 1036  State/Prov = 15  Countries = 60  Total Score = 411,375

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

I remember a lot of better dx conditions on Top Band. Sun activity is going
down, so I again decided to build of TX3A receiving double half-delta loop at
place of 80m far from any metal construction. But in most cases the signals
from TX vertical was stronger... I have built few RX antennas at my QTH
(Beverages, K9AY loops, TX3A DHDLs), but only one K9AY (few years ago) hanged
very temporary just only "for fun" worked... What's wrong...?
However, better total score compared to 2015.
First night I didn't care of S/P a lot, so when first W station called me, I
expected good condx. But only few so-so strong NA stations during the whole
contest. Most of them after hard digging from EU QRM cover. I also gave up few
mults attempts nevertheless I had heard them...
Similar from JA side. I was able to catch free frequency inside JA window only
for cca half an hour, with cca 5-6 attacks to my frequency, hi. Both JAs was
S/P.
And chronical pain of Top Band - tons of "megawatts" caused
continuosly S8-S9+ QRM plus piles of clickers. I expect at least starting of
discussion about "bad signal penalties", similar to few other
contests. King of this activity was YU0T. His PA had to press major part of
energy into parasitic part of his spectrum, QRM +/- 20-30 kHz. My AGC danced in
the rhytm of his morse. You can find few warnings in dx clusters + a lot of QRM
warnings just on the band.

So, one contest is over, another one on the horizon.
Thanks to all who participate.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest

Antennas:
 Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 RX:   TX3A double half-delta loop

73!
Riki, OM7RU

www.tucek.sk/om7ru