[3830] NA Sprint CW VY1AAA(W1UE) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW VY1AAA(W1UE) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 04:13:03 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: VY1AAA
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: VY1JA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: yt
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

   80:    2    0:15
   40:   52    1:30
   20:   57    2:15
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #2

Comments:

First time remote effort from the far north.  There must have been a steel
curtain between VY1 and the USA East Coast- I did work a couple, but really
heard very few.  I heard a number of East Coasters on 40M- K5ZD, N2NT, K1KI,
W1NT, W9RE- but only N2NT could hear me.  Don't know how Andy did it!  80M
never really opened for VY1- did work K6XX and N6TR, but couldn't win a jump
ball for nothing on that band.  Aurora was a 3 yesterday, but went up to a 5
today, so conditions did go down for the contest.  I felt this was going to be
a blast or a bust, but it did kinda fall in between.  It was good, but I wanted
more!

In any case, thanks to all those that dug out my signal.  Hope the mult was
appreciated.  A big thanks to Jay VY1JA for the use of his station, and to
Gerry W1VE for the assistance in using it.

Dennis W1UE