[3830] MnQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:26:12 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: West Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 7.4

  160:       0        0
   80:      12        0
   40:      23       10
   20:      69       77
   15:       2        1
   10:       0        0
-------------------------
Total:     106       88  Mults = 75  Total Score = 29,250

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congratulations to Tom, N2CU for a truly outstanding performance with the sweep
and the LP record, great operating job! From here with my wires, 40 is a total
lost cause for hours mid day, and I have poor audio especially on 20M, the
money band from here. Phone stations came right back when called, but there
were few answers to 20M phone CQ's. Even past 22Z, signals on 40 were poor with
RTTY QRM.
I took it easy with back pain problems, started over 20 minutes late (late
riser, needed sleep) and took time off for shower, lunch, long dog walk, and
dinner, but I doubt if a sweep was possible even with full time.
Hats off to the mobiles! On phone, Craig KC0DMF has improved his operating and
provided quite a few mults along with Mr. 14256, Rich N0HJZ (always Q5 despite
some QRM, consistently S9). Jan, W9FZ was always loud, but missed her for a
while. CW mobile activity seemed a bit less than years past, but especially Neo
N0EO put in a lot of time on 20 making Q's easy. Conditions on 20 were as near
to perfect to MN the whole day as you could possibly hope for, SSB mobiles S9+!
I could tell Pat K0PC was focusing on 40, but was there on 20 in most of his
counties. Jon W0ZQ was loud even on 80 M and Jim N0UR, and John N0IJ were easy
Q's all day. Thanks to the CW guys for giving 20 phone a try at times too!
Overall, phone activity on 20 was quite good, always room for more ops.
I was first through on the 20 M CW pile ups 90% of the time and about 75% SSB,
nice condx!

On the negative side, quality of operating especially on phone has declined. MN
ops are almost too polite, please keep in mind others are WAITING to work you,
be brief! 15 never opened to MN, just weak scatter, was lucky to work 3
stations. 40 was pretty dismal, struggled around 23Z to copy one SSB station
for about 90 seconds. 80 could have used a few more ops at the end, most
stations were less than S9, but very workable.

Two stations operated from NP areas which really boosted their QSO total. I
hope I helped the MN ops out a bit. It takes a lot of fortitude to run around
the state in mid winter. Here we had 40 inches of snow January 22nd and you
would have thought there was a real disaster, no school 6 days (10 calendar
days!), no garbage collection 6 days, despite clear roads toward the end. And
the mail could not make it down I-70 from Baltimore to here for several days
(dig out down there?, roads clear enough 2 days post storm). Thanks for the
QSO's.

73, Jeff