[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@mchsi.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 01:19:29 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:     512
   20:     339
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     851       0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 119,140

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

First, my thanks to Greg K0GW for driving for me this year. This whole mobile
circus doesn't work without a good driver.

We plotted a route to west central Minnesota this year to make sure all the
counties were covered by mobile operators. The weather was great with just a
light overcast and temps in the upper 30s. Not bad for February in Minnesota.
Just to let you know how quickly things can turn, there were blizzard warnings
out for some counties in our route for Sunday.

We had good luck with the mobile setup for most of the day. But late in the
afternoon N1MM froze up a couple of times, requiring a reboot to get going
again. I think this is caused by the USB cable that handles both rig control
and keying. I have a few ideas for the next outing. Overall a very good day.

Some statistics:
855 QSOs (including dupes) for an overall rate of 85/hr
Top ten minute rate: 174/hr
Top sixty minute rate: 125/hr
221 Unique calls in log

Top Ten List (QSOs)
31 N2CU (Tom worked us in 21 of 22 counties)
21 KQ3F
20 W0GXQ
19 N0UY
18 K7GM, W7GKF
16 K8KZB
15 N4PN, W0BV

Thanks to everyone who rode along with us and to the MN Wireless Association
for sponsoring this event.

73,
Pat K0PC