[3830] MnQP K8CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP K8CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 07:31:38 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:     28        7
   20:     16        2
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     44        9  Mults = 32  Total Score = 3,392

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I picked a poor weekend to leave the amplifiers off and run low power.
Propagation between MN and MI was surprisingly poor.  I first got on the air
around 1900Z only to find most MN stations were right at the noise level on 40
CW and barely workable.  20 CW was a little better, but only a couple stations
heard.  As the afternoon wore on, signals picked up and more MN stations were
workable, including a few on phone.  K0PC was the most often worked mobile from
here with 8 QSOs, but I also had 5 QSOs with N0IJ and 2 QSOs with N0EO.  All in
all, the MN ops were doing a fine job, and with better planning I hope to spend
more time in the MnQP next year.

73, Dave/K8CC