[3830] XE RTTY K8AJS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bastinj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY K8AJS LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 12:28:51 +0000
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 8:15

   80:    0     0
   40:   14     9
   20:  108    27
   15:   81    31
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  203    67  Total Score = 36,448

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I’ve been in the FMRE XE RTTY contest on and off again for the last 12 years;
this 18th running of the test was probably about average for participation, it
seemed. Propagation was about what I expected, I made a paltry number of QSOs
this time, but I had fun…:-)

Where were the Mexicans? This is  an “International RTTY contest” sponsored
by the Federacion Mexicana de Radioexperimentadores, the national organization
of Mexican hams, but Mexican participation in the contest can best be described
as sparse, from what I saw.

I worked 5 Mexican stations in 4 states out of a list of 32. Not much. I took a
half hour out of this contest on Saturday evening to dip into the Minnesota QSO
Party, and worked almost three times as many Minnesota stations in that short
time span as I did Mexican stations in 8 hours and 15 minutes of this one.

One of the times I worked Don, AA5AU, was on 15 meters at 3:11 pm local time,
and he asked me to go to 10 meters. I’m suffering for an antenna on 10
meters, I’ve lost connection to my tower relay box that switches my quad
elements between 17, 12 and 10 meters. I was using my 20 meter quad element on
10, and Don, I moved there and listened, but didn’t hear a thing, not just
you but any signal on 10 meters. Sorry about that.

The contest was fun and I had a good time while I was there. Looking forward to
next year…:-)

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3, 100 watts
Ant: 3 ele quad, 204-foot G5RV
Software: N1MM Logger+ v1.0.5458.0