[3830] ARRLDX CW N1EU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1EU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:52:10 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Albany, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   33    33
   80:  103    63
   40:  391   102
   20:  847   112
   15:  839   117
   10:  103    76
-------------------
Total: 2316   503  Total Score = 3,494,844

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were better than I expected with 15M in really good shape and a few
short-lived openings on 10M that you had to be there at the right time for
(e.g., at EU sunset Sunday).  I had lots of fun this weekend playing with the
K3s which has a really superb receiver and is just a remarkable radio (despite
its front panel).

I recorded almost all QSO's during the contest and if you would like to hear
your QSOs, just go to my QRZ.com page at http://www.qrz.com/db/N1EU and put
your callsign into the search box.

Lastly, I have to say that I ended the weekend with a bad taste in my mouth
from the rampant key clicks on the band and the recurring experience of having
my clear run frequency eventually being over-ridden by key clicking neighbors
getting too close, over and over and over again.  I'm not sure if having the P3
panadapter is a good thing or a bad thing, because it clearly shows the band
filled with wide key clicking signals.  It's really sad that the ham radio
community has never come to grips with this solvable issue.  It has seriously
spoiled cw contesting for me.

Thanks for all the qso's and sorry for those I couldn't pull out or otherwise
botched up.

Equipment:
Elecraft K3s (dual rx)/P3
Acom 2000A