[3830] ARRLDX CW K2PO SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2PO SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 04:55:21 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Radios: SO2R

  160:   23    14
   80:   80    30
   40:  340    72
   20:  371    74
   15:  529    76
   10:  107    33
-------------------
Total: 1450   299  Total Score = 1,298,856

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

No European worked on 10m.  And no European worked on 80m.  40% of my contacts
were with a single country ('guess...).  The weekend was alternately thrilling
(running), and grueling (much of the rest of the time), but all good fun.

44% of my contacts were with Asia, and 32% were with Europe.

It's always a thrill to have a rare mult come back to a low power CQ.
Memorable this year were XW4XR, IS0LYN, GJ3YHU, and VR2CO.

On 40m, I worked 10 Europeans and 149 Asians the first night, and 82 Europeans
and 18 Asians the second night.  Go figure.

The hardest multiplier was the closest: Alaska on 10m.  I called at different
times throughout the contest, and finally managed to work KL2R on a 90 degree
skew path.

The bands were very quiet at times.  My P3 showed a noise floor below -140dbm
on both 15m and 10m Saturday afternoon.  I don't recall seeing that before in a
contest.

6-band contacts with 8P5A, JA0QNJ, JA3YBK, JA7ZFN, JE1ZWT, JH1GBZ, KH6LC, KH7M,
PJ2T, T48K, TI5W, TO7A, VP2MWA, ZF1A.

Thanks to all - especially the DX-peditioners, and the casual contesters.

73,

Bill, K2PO
Portland, OR