[3830] ARRLDX CW K7DR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7dr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7DR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:36:45 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7DR
Operator(s): K7DR
Station: K7DR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 16:45

  160:    0     0
   80:    6     6
   40:   61    36
   20:   91    46
   15:  125    51
   10:   38    25
-------------------
Total:  321   164  Total Score = 157,932

Club:

Comments:

FTdx3000 100w
75' End Fed Wire at 20 feet
40M OCF Dipole at 25 feet
Wintest 4.20.0
All S&P

Started a couple hours late, only worked one EU on 40 all night. Was able to
work plenty of Caribbean. Condx did get better after 08z on 40, and was able to
work a number of KH6 (some were quite loud), ZL and LU.

On Saturday morning had a decent run first on 15, then later on 10. Nature also
had to be cruel and gave us a record 63 deg sunny day, while I'm trying to play
radio. Had the shack window open all afternoon.(Normally it's barely above
freezing)

Saturday evening tried 40M again and nothing at all from EU. Eventually decided
to make it a short night.

Sunday morning had plenty of sigs from EU on 15. Found stns as high as 21150 to
work. Then switched to 20 and had some good success later in the day. I gave 40
one more try at 23z and the last hour was the best condx to EU all weekend, and
wrkd 12 new multipliers. I could wrk any sig I could hear, even with my 100w.

I have had my FTdx3000 for two months, and with every contest I like the radio
more, it works well at separating signals.

73
Dave K7DR - MI