[3830] ARRLDX CW EF8R(EA8RM) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EF8R(EA8RM) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:04:01 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EF8R
Operator(s): EA8RM
Station: EF8R

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34:40
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     3
   80:  211    38
   40:  572    54
   20:  830    58
   15:  801    59
   10:  171    37
-------------------
Total: 2588   249  Total Score = 1,879,452

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

Contesting at home :)

I operate from new station at home. with tribanders and wires. I planned to
install the station few days before the contest to test it and umprove some
things, but haved a big storm with 100Km/h and even snow in Gran Canaria :0

I finally pull-up all station on Friday and i finish with 80/160 antennas 15
minutes before to start. I was very scare about the winds and antennas, so this
is an small apartment and not a farm, so any problem will happend antennas will
go to neighbour's property.

Last year i did an average of 85 QSOs/h from magic mountain and this year 76
QSOS/h with smaller antennas from home. This time i rest a lot so conditions
was strange and poor.

Nice rates on first night, but low bands close 1,30 or 2 hours before than
usual.
On saturday a good beginning and nice rates during all day, but second night it
was very bored and tired so i went to sleep.

On sunday......sunday was catastrophic....... no 10, 15 and 20 close early and
40 was very noisy.

Even with a big storm the antennas did a great job. Band decoder it was crazy
on sunday so i haved to disconnect and use in manual mode.

I missed more R�'n�'R

Station:

2 X MOMOBEAM tribanders.
1 x 40/80 dipole
1 x 160 Inverted L (12m Spiderbeam pole)
Many thanks to HAMBUY http://www.hambuy.es