[3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(@N3HBX) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(@N3HBX) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:42:16 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W KL2A N6GQ
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   75    53
   80:  267    82
   40: 1006   123
   20: 1356   121
   15: 1499   131
   10:  263    92
-------------------
Total: 4466   602  Total Score = 8,065,596

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks to N3HBX for letting us utilize the Poolesville, MD farm.  All
equipment worked well except for one Tentec Orion which died about two hours
-before- the contest began.  This meant we had three operational radios
(instead of the normal four) which affected us a bit, but we worked around it.

This was a moderately casual three-man (really 2.2 man operation).  KL2A was
scheduled to pilot the station, but N6GQ was in town on business.  Decided to
convert to a multi-op and decided to run M2 to maximize fun and chair time.
This was GQ's first time at the farm.

Condx were decent, but clearly affected the first day by the lingering effects
of a solar storm.  We are also facing the abyss in terms of solar cycle, and 10
meters showed it.  When I was forecasting where we might place in terms of score
based upon comparisons to the past years, I was guessing somewhere between 2004
and 2005.  I think we were closer to 2005....

15 was the trooper band.  10 finally opened by I believe a lot of hams have
given up on it already.  20 was solid as always.  40 was good the second night
and meh the first night.  80 and 160 were what 80 and 160 are normally for this
time of year.

See you next time!