[3830] ARRLDX CW EI7M(G0CKV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, olof@rowanhouse.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EI7M(G0CKV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 19:00:35 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): G0CKV
Station: EI7M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cork
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   25    15
   80:  217    36
   40:  546    49
   20: 1070    60
   15: 1258    60
   10:  114    37
-------------------
Total: 3230   257  Total Score = 2,488,788

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Great fun as usual with good operators and clean signals.

Top band seemed to be poor and 10 was also bad. Managed to squeeze out some
QSOs and multipliers on 10 mainly on Saturday and on skewed paths. If there was
a real good opening on Sunday I must have missed it pounding away on 15 and 20.
20 and 15 were in fine shape.

I lost first night and morning after 2 1/2 hours due to my incompetence. A
hardware/software glitch which I couldn't sort - the station gurus fixed it
easily in the morning so when I got back towards noon it was full speed ahead
again. Second night I also skipped the all-important hours around sunrise -
felt like more fun to go sleep. 160/80/40 way down from where they should have
been due to this. With 40-50mph wind forecast for the weekend the 40m 3-el yagi
was kept low.

Keyclicks are indeed a problem. Whether deliberate or through incompetence -
those guys don't seem to worry about their reputation.

Thanks for the QSOs and also to John, Neil and Mark for hosting me at their
great station. Now soon off to W6WB to be on the far side for ARRL SSB

Stations worked on 6 bands: AA3B K1KI K3LR W3LPL WE3C

73 Olof G0CKV