[3830] CQ160 SSB OE1HHB Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, harald.hofbauer@kapsch.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB OE1HHB Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 00:36:12 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: OE1HHB
Operator(s): OE1HHB
Station: OE1HHB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Vienna
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 31  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 17  Total Score = 2,618

Club:

Comments:

Worked with a short vertical from a balcony location in Vienna. Run a small
Ameritron AL811H into a Chameleon-Hybrid base (1:5 transformer which burnt
almost all of the power getting really hot) connected to a 3,5 m long
shortenend vertical which carried 30 meters of 2,5 mm² isolated loudspeaker
cable, so a helical vertical. Counterpoise is the metallic balcony railing
which is connected to the whole metallic structure of the house as I assume.
Antenna is located on a 6th floor corner balcony with more or less good take
off from 40 - 290°.

From the receiving point I was surprised. Noise floor was low at S 2-3 without
any QRN or strong local manmade noise noticed. Next to the 17 DXCCs I worked I
could hear CU, EA6, TA and TF to name some more unusuals. Totally I received
stations from 14 DXCC which I couldn't reach.
Got 5 new bandpoints so happy with the result.

See you next time!